Thursday, July 12, 2012

Bottle Caps into Art and Decoration


 
One of the coolest uses of bottlecaps I have seen so far, and well executed I might add...

Just a great use of color and pattern. I have been collecting bottlecaps for a while, waiting for the right project to inspire me. I am from Wisconsin so I know plenty of beer drinkers that are willing to do their part in adding to my craft supply collection.

There are a number of different kinds of glues you can use for this type of project. According to eHow: Mom, Tacky Glue (like Aleene's), your handy dandy hot glue gun, metal adhesive glue, or Epoxy Resin Glue (this is a 2-part adhesive that only works when you combine the two together).

Sealing projects like these are also a smart idea. Spray on Varnish or polyurethane are both options. However, both need some research and investigation to make sure to be safe - because they are chemicals, so ventilation and skin protection are important.
A few more inspiring projects below!
il_430xn45483933
From Great Green Goods
From Chet Pourciau Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment